• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Re: Furthur at TRI 6/7

#28969 3 years, 4 months ago
TRI Studios is far ahead technologically. But two years behind opera, marketing-wise

Remember the Grateful Dead Movie in theaters....same dealio NY Met has been doing since 2009.

www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/arts/music/15waki.html

February 15, 2009
Music
Verdi With Popcorn, and Trepidation
By DANIEL J. WAKIN

FOR 400 years humans have stood on stages and conveyed passion through song. Great buildings were raised for them to perform in. The titled and the rich paid homage with cash and devotion.

Opera, that most electrifying and moving of the high arts, has remained remarkably unchanged in its history, adapting to bigger houses, electric lights, electronic stage machinery, the recording industry. It has persevered despite accelerating waves of new claims on our attention, from television to Twitter.

But now another force has emerged, which has the potential to transform how opera is produced and received. You can check it out at your local multiplex.

Thanks largely to the efforts of the Metropolitan Opera, hundreds of thousands of people worldwide are seeing live opera performances in movie theaters, and many others in repeat showings. A dozen other important opera companies are now sending out broadcasts of their own.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#29008 3 years, 4 months ago
still not the same as watching Tri on your computer in the privacy of your own home!

that beats movie theatres for me anyday....
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#29013 3 years, 4 months ago
no security,hassles ,loud /drunk idiots talking over the show spilling drinks on your stuff,smelly unwashed people ,at home i got cheap food and drinks no line for the bathroom ,i can smoke a stoggie without a flashlight shining in my face whats not to like?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: lastleaffallen, MushroomMan
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#29042 3 years, 4 months ago
Whoever is saying that this is the future of concerts........ uhhhhh yeah okay buddy ; )
deadheadnj
Junior Boarder

#29051 3 years, 4 months ago
I have to disagree with the statement "this isn't the wave of the future". Yeah you don't get the crowd interaction but think how much money you'll save over the long run. Stay a weekend in NYC to see 2 shows, $400 just for the hotel unless you cheap out and that's not including your ticket price, beer and travel expense. So, I'm excited to see Furthur play on June 7th and in the future both live this summer and on TRI...plus seeing other bands play live on the web...
What would be the answer to answer man
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#29066 3 years, 4 months ago
I was just thinking down the road(although al we have is today) an elderly Mr. Weir and Mr. Lesh bringing a live concert into my home. Shakin' them old bones! I just love that they are creating "Ramble" type places out there above San Francisco.Wishing you both "grate" success!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, the highway terror
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#29068 3 years, 4 months ago
Smiley from Texas wrote:
Whoever is saying that this is the future of concerts........ uhhhhh yeah okay buddy ; )
for these guys im thinking it is they are getting old for the road,the tour is allreeady a shadow of what it once was.other bands however will still continue to be road dogs ,only way to build a huge fan base
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#29086 3 years, 4 months ago
I'm excited for this!!
It's not a replacement for the real deal, but it sure is a great way to spend an evening, especially a Tuesday.

I think $19.95 is more than reasonable, what else could one do for that price that even came close? Nothing.

I really wanted to go to Shoreline, but all that traveling (since I just came back from San Francisco) plus I have out-of-towners til the day before) that all made it logistically impossible to even consider.

Viola, TRI comes along and fills the gap between shows AND I don't even have to leave the living room.

Sweeeeeeeet....so psyched!!!.)
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by ruby_claire.
mandala
Junior Boarder
jerry junkie

#29107 3 years, 4 months ago
we're all bound to have our different opinions on the price, but the fact that they didn't just mention it up front suggests to me that they didn't feel that proud about it themselves...
life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - j. lennon
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#29113 3 years, 4 months ago
what do you mean by didn't mention it up front? .... it says "order here" right on Tristudios.com main page
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
Time to create page: 0.76 seconds